In an effort to bring lasting solution to the presidency and Federal legislators’ fued, Senator Shehu Sani (Kaduna Central) suggested immediate recipes and proffered solution for peace that could resolve the long-term feud between the Presidency and the National Assembly.
The senator made this suggestions on his Facebook post on Sunday, senator Sani postulated what must be done by the two parties for peace to reign between the duo.
BELOW ARE SANI’S SUGGESTIONS:
- The Presidency must end the systematic demonization of the leadership and members of the parliament;
- End the use of state apparatus to hunt,frame,intimidate and persecute legislators;
- End political trials;
- Compel President’s appointees to honour and respect summons and accord the senate President and the Speaker House of Representatives their due respect.
- The Parliament should confirm pending President’s nominees;
- Liquidate the thought and proposals for impeachment;
- Speed up the passage of executive bills and accord the President the respect he deserves as our Leader.
- Last note; The Presidency should end the sponsorship of synthetic protests and the Parliament should ceasefire on the launching of verbal cruise missiles to the villa.
It is not new anymore that the feud between the two arms of government began right from the inception of the 8th Senate which its president, Bukola Saraki emerged the leader of the National Assembly against the wish of some forces in his party, the All Progressive Congress, (APC).